Why Environment is one of the most important subject for UPSC Prelims 2021?
If you see 2018, 2019 and 2020 UPSC Prelims Examination question paper, you will find that UPSC is now asking around 20-30 Questions from Environment section. Whatever notes and content is available in the market is static and the nature of questions is very dynamic. One cannot find the source anywhere, hence it is highly important that we work on the basics and crystal-clear conceptual clarity in order to clear UPSC Civil Services Prelims Examination 2021.
The students who are writing UPSC Mains Examination are also the aspirants who want to study for Indian Forest Services (IFoS) and given the current state of Environment, it is important that we are sensitive towards our mother nature.
Following are the questions of Environment section of UPSC Prelims Examination.
Q. Consider the following statements: (2019 Prelims)
- 1. Asiatic lion naturally found in India only
- 2. Double-humped camel is naturally found in India only
- 3. One-horned rhinoceros is naturally found in India only
Which one of the statement given above is/are correct?
- a) 1 only
- b) 2 only
- c) 1 and 3 only
- d) 1, 2 and 3
Q. In the context of which of the following do some scientists suggest the use of cirrus cloud thinning technique and the injection of sulphate aerosol into stratosphere?
- a) Creating the artificial rains in some regions
- b) Reducing the frequency and intensity of tropical cyclones
- c) Reducing the adverse effects of the solar wind on the earth
- d) Reducing the global warming
Q. Which of the following are the reasons/factors for exposure to benzene pollution? (2020)
- 1. Automobile exhaust
- 2. Tobacco smoke
- 3. Wood burning
- 4. Using varnished wooden furniture
- 5. Using products made of polyurethane
Select the correct answer using the code given below :
- [a) 1, 2 and 3 only
- [b) 2 and 4 only
- [c) 1, 3 and 4 only
- [d) 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
All such questions require conceptual clarity to answer and application of whatever you have read in the past 1 year.
- If you see 2019 and 2020 UPSC Prelims Question Papers and our Good morning Times and Sanjeevani notes, you would find the answers to all these “so called” tough questions.
- We believe in clearing the concepts of the candidate and making her/ him empowered to solve the UPSC Questions on her own.
You cannot learn everything. Hence, here AspireIAS will help you through its innovative mode of learning.
Features of AspireIAS Environment Module
- We focus on Priority wise teaching as per the latest trends of UPSC Prelims 2015-2020. For Example
- 1. Pollution, Climate Change, Animals, Mapping, Legislations and International Organisations are Priority I topics. Most of the questions from 2017 to 2020 has come on these Topics. Hence we focus on them first.
- 2. Then comes Priority II Topics like Ecosystem, Biodiversity, etc.
- Simple and Lucid teaching by Ankit Sir who is an Expert himself in Environment.
- Mindmap and Diagrams approach will help you get a clear cut understanding of the complex topics of Environment including Pollution, Climate Change, Legislations etc. We shall have more than 400 diagrams in the class.
- Learning and retention within the class. You will just need to revise multiple times because Environment and Economics are very dynamic concepts.
- Doubt clearing sessions before Class would ensure you have no gaps in your preparation strategy. Even a single error can cost your rank in the Final List.
Schedule of the Class
- 4 Days a week class.
- Doubt clearing session at the start.
- 20-24 classes in total.
- Hybrid module (Online, Offline and Recorded Lectures available).
You will also get the structure for every topic so that you know what to study and where do the questions come from. For example
- What is Air Pollution?
- Factors responsible for Air Pollution in India?
- Data for Air Pollution and Sources of Air Pollution.
- About all the Air Pollutants.
- Impact of Air Pollution.
- Government Efforts for Air Pollution.
- International Efforts for Air Pollution.
For Good Morning Times of Environment: click the following link
For Sanjeevani Notes of Environment: click here
Free Demo Lectures
- There are many books and coaching notes in the market but seeing the dynamic and unpredictable nature of the subject, there is no concrete material available.
- Also whatever material that is referred by the candidates are static in nature and UPSC needs an updated insights into the Environment along with the Mapping part.
- Many aspirants start on a higher note but without knowing the need or essence, they get stuck in between and lose energy.
- This costs them severely and the vicious cycle of preparation goes on.
- Considering this many aspirants find it difficult to prepare and lose substantially in Prelims.
- Aspire IAS provides you everything at one place by our UPSC Prelims 2021 oriented specialized batch of Environment.
- No. Questions are now being asked on the current Mapping, observational Mapping of Environment.
- Questions are based on the conceptual understanding of the subject and not just rote learning.
- They are focusing on the application of the concepts of Environment which can be seen in the following questions of UPSC 2020 Prelims Examination.
Environment & Ecology @ Rs. 8500/-