Polity is the most scoring subject of UPSC Prelims Examination 2021. In 2020 UPSC Prelims, 12 questions come from Indian Polity. These questions were Easy to Moderate and these questions will keep you in the race.
Polity is an important topic at all the three stages of exam, be it Prelims, Mains or Interview. The significance of the subject is carried forward, even when you get into the service. It forms an important part of administration.
The real test of Polity is in the UPSC Mains Examination as in Paper II many people get less marks.
Why do people score less in Paper II in UPSC Mains Examination?
- 1. Lack of command over Polity and Articles of the Constitution.
- 2. No correlation with other Topics.
- 3. No relevant and contemporary examples.
- 4. No proper presentation and addressing the demand of the examination.
To overcome all these lacunas, AspireIAS has come up with many batches which includes Polity Crash Course, Target 50 Governance Batch, Newspaper Analysis etc. This will ensure you get 110+ in Paper II in UPSC Mains Examination 2021.
Polity is the easiest of all the subjects to score, because of the following reasons:
- 1. The syllabus is concise and factual.
- 2. Straight forward questions are asked (not much analytical) and if you have revised Polity thoroughly then, you can get most of the answers right if not for 100% accuracy
- 3. The questions are generally easy to moderate
- 4. Not many Books to read apart from the two omnipresent and most referred books of Polity – By DD Basu and Laxmikanth
- This Crash Course is a 5 day Module but it is the highest yielding batch just before Prelims.
- It is recommended by most of the Toppers including Vishal Narwade (IAS 2020), Vishal Singh (IFoS 2020) and many others who do this batch repetitively before Prelims to ensure their rank in the UPSC List. The Youtube videos are a testimony to this fact.
- The Return on investment is very high. Hence, this and the History Batch is the favourite amongst the students.
What to expect in AspireIASPolity Crash Course?
- We focus on Priority wise teaching as per the latest trends of UPSC Prelims 2015-2020. For Example
- 1. Parliament, Historical Underpinnings, Fundamental Rights, DPSPs, President, Supreme Court, Constitutional Bodies etc. are Priority I topics. Most of the questions from 2017 to 2020 has come on these Topics. Hence we focus on them first.
- 2. Then comes Priority II Topics like CM, State Legislatures, Governor, Non Constitutional Bodies etc.
- Simple and Lucid teaching by Ankit Sir who is an Expert himself in Polity.
- Mnemonics and Tricks to remember the most complex things like DPSPs and Fundamental Rights, Amendments and even the Articles which you can write in UPSC Mains Examination 2021.
- Learning and retention within the class. You will just need to revise multiple times because Polity is a static subject and the contemporary part is dealt with in Newspaper Analysis Batch.
- Doubt clearing sessions before Class would ensure you have no gaps in your preparation strategy. Even a single error can cost your rank in the Final List.
Schedule of the Class
- Only 5 days class with 12 hours each.
- But since we have Hybrid module (Online, Offline and Recorded Lectures available) you won’t have any issue.
- Targeted and Mnemonics driven approach will never let you forget Polity.
- Doubt clearing session at the start of the lecture.
P.S: There is no Demo Lecture in this Module.