Mapping is one of the most important and core topics of UPSC IAS Examination. It’s weightage is around 14-16 Marks in Prelims (including Environment Mapping) and it is an integral part in Mains preparations because whenever you write UPSC Mains Answers, substantiating it with the Maps and places in News will fetch you more marks than your competitors and even 1 mark is important in UPSC IAS Mains Examination 2021.
AspireIAS is an expert in Mapping because we teach you the targeted topics according to the demand of UPSC IAS Prelims and UPSC IAS Mains Examination.Ankit Sir, the director of AspireIAS is an expert in Geography and if you see previous years papers, Questions that came in 2019 and 2020 UPSC Prelims Examination were directly taught, referred to and practiced in Live MCQs in classes multiple times. Following are the examples:
Q. Which of the following are in Agasthyamala Biosphere Reserve?(2019)
- a) Neyyar, Peppara and Shendurney Wildlife Sanctuaries; and KalakadMundanthurai Tiger Reserve
- b) Mudumalai, Sathyamangalam and Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuaries; and Silent Valley National Park
- c) Kaundinya, GundlaBrahme-swaram and Papikonda Wildlife Sanctuaries; and Mukurthi National Park
- d) Kawal and Sri Venkateswara Wildlife Sanctuaries; and Nagarjunasagar-Srisailam Tiger Reserve
Q. Siachen Glacier is situated to the (2020)
- a) East of Aksai Chin
- b) East of Leh
- c) North of Gilgit
- d) North of Nubra Valley
The aforementioned questions were directly referred to, practiced and taught in Mapping and Environment batch of AspireIAS by Ankit Sir.
Hence, you can be rest assured that all your Mapping questions will be correct in UPSC Prelims Exam 2021 if you follow all the guidelines given by Ankit Sir in the lectures with multiple revisions and LIVE MCQs.
Following is the Schedule of Mapping & Geography Batch
- 14 classes in Total of Mapping. 10 Classes of Geography.
- Hybrid classes (Online, Offline and Recorded lectures available).
- Topicwise completion of course with an average of 3 hours of each class.
What benefits you will get?
- Comprehensive coverage of Indian and World Mapping and Geography concepts.
- This also includes Thematic mapping which is the recent trend in 2019 and 2020 UPSC Prelims Examination.
- World Map and Indian Thematic Maps is taught through Orient Blackswan Atlas and Indian Mapping is taught through Oxford Student Atlas.
- Plusmultiple maps and diagrams is drawn on the Board which is not given anywhere but which is AspireIAS innovations from which the surprising questions can be solved.
- Daily Revisions and Oral Tests in class to ensure the discipline in class.
- Daily tests through Live MCQs according to 2019 and 2020 pattern given by Director Sir himself.
- Daily Home works.
- Special emphasis on current locations in news.
- Doubt Clearing sessions before class to ensure there is no gap in the preparation of an Aspirant.
- Discussion of last 10 years of UPSC prelims papers.
Procedure for Online Classes
- Enrol through www.aspireias.com
- After enrolment students will get a username and password through email and through SMS to access classes live on Zoom platform
- Students can interact with sir during live session.
- In case you miss live class at the scheduled time, recorded video of the class will be available in your account just after the class is over.
- Recorded sessions can be accessed from ‘My Account’ section.
- Classes will be conducted live as per the class schedule.
- PDFs of study materials will be uploaded in ‘My Account’ section.
- Doubt clearing session through Email/Whatsapp.
- You can also book an appointment with the Director Sir and get personal guidance free of Cost.
Note: It is highly recommended by Toppers to join combined Mapping and Geography batch so that a major chunk of UPSC GS Paper I Mains is ready and you can get an edge in the preparation.
Free Demo Lectures
You can also watch demo lectures of Mapping and Geography GS Batch which is given below:
Do the first class FREE of Geography GS
Topics Covered under Mapping
- World Mineral distribution
- World physical maps (includes Mountains, passes, plateaus, tropical grasslands, lakes, seas, etc.)
- World and Indian cropping pattern
- Economic geography of the world
- Tribes of the World.
- Indian physical mapping (Mountains, rivers, passes, plateaus,etc.)
- Comprehensive coverage of all the Indian states
- National parks, wild life sanctuaries and other protected areas
- Thematic maps (Irrigation and Reservoir maps, cropping pattern, vegetation pattern, rainfall pattern, geological time scales, Railway zones ,etc.)
Topics covered under Geography
- Salient features of World’s Physical Geography.
- Distribution of Key Natural Resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian sub-continent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India).
- Important Geophysical Phenomena such as earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, cyclone etc., geographical features and their location-changes in critical geographical features (including water-bodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes
This mapping module gives insights to the students about the whole world and Indian mapping on the line of UPSC demands. This batch is one of the most appreciated batch by the toppers like Nandini.K.R (AIR 1, 2016).
Learning mapping through Vedic method by Director sir accompanied by daily revisions and oral tests makes the student to get a strong hold on the World and Indian mapping which can assure 6-10 questions in the UPSC prelims paper 1.
This batch is useful to create a strong base for the students. This batch helps in an interdisciplinary learning. For example: Students can learn about environment, agriculture pattern, economic geography, tribes of the world, important terminologies in International relations.
This batch can help a candidate to get an upper hand over UPSC Prelims-cum-Mains, Geography Optional and Political Science Optional.
Yes. Classes will be taken in bilingual language (Hindi & English). Even students can write answers in Hindi which will be evaluated by director sir himself.
Hybrid classes are introduced for the benefit of the students. Students who are enrolled via online batch can change to offline batch without any hassle. Even the vice versa is possible.
Yes. Students can have personal interaction with Director sir twice a week.