24 March, 2021
8 Min Read
1. Rights and Obligations: Duty of every distribution licensee to supply electricity on request made by an owner or occupier of any premises in line with the provisions of Act.
2. Release of New Connection and Modification in Existing Ones:
3. Metering Arrangement:
4. Billing and Payment
5. Reliability of Supply
6. Consumer as Prosumer
7. Standards of Performance of License
8. Compensation Mechanism
9. Call Centre for Consumer Services
10. Grievance Redressal Mechanism
21 January, 2021
16 Min Read
But there are many questions unanswered:
It needs to be recognised that providing quality supply is primarily the responsibility of States and DISCOMs. Similar (or better) provisions by various State Electricity Regulatory Commissions (SERCs) already exist in the Standards of Performance (SoP) regulations. Such regulations have been in place for two decades in most states.
Lack of accountability
Need for commitment
Our Popular Courses
Module wise Prelims Batches
Copyright© Aspire IAS Academy. All rights reserved. Powered by CLT Technologies & Edu-Publishers Private Limited.