19 October, 2019
Food safety authority finds most adulteration in Telangana followed by Madhya Pradesh and Kerala
1. India has the highest cattle population in the world.
2. India is the largest milk producer in the world. India produces 176 million tonnes of milk during 2017-18.
What is Solid non-fat (SNF)?
Milk is approximately 87 percent water and 13 percent solids. As it comes from the cow, the solids portion of milkcontains approximately 3.7 percent fat and 9 percent solids-not-fat.
The serum solids or milk solids-not-fat (MSNF) contain the lactose, caseins, whey proteins, and minerals.
1. Proper feeding of cattle ensures more fat and SNF.
2. But maltodextrin and sugar are added to raise the level of fat and SNF artificially.
3. FSSAI has found out presence of aflatoxin-M1, antibiotics and pesticides in processed milk and raw milk.
4. 10 % of total processed milk samples failed to comply with FSSAI norm .
47 % of the total raw milk samples failed to comply with FSSAI norm.
Why problem of milk contamination ?
Aflataxin M1 comes in the milk through feed and fodder that are currently not regulated in the country.
Harmful effects of Melatodextrin :
Side effects may include allergic reactions, weight gain, gas, flatulence, and bloating.
Maltodextrin may also cause a rash or skin irritation, asthma, cramping, or difficulty breathing
Causes of Alfaltoxins :
1. Aflatoxin mycotoxins are toxic to humans. They also cause cancer in humans and animals.
2. Aflatoxins have been reported to cause digestive system effects such as diarrhea, vomiting, intestinal hemorrhage, and liver necrosis and fibrosis.
3. Alfotoxins are more dominant in processed food than in raw milk.
1. Proper feeding of the cattles will increase SNF and fat naturally.
2. Proper regulation of use of antibiotics to cattles.
3. Frequent testing of milk samples by FSSAI authorized testing centers.
4. Establish testing machines that can detect residue of Aflotoxin M1.
5. Organic farming by reducing the amount of chemical pesticides. Even crop rotation, Zero Budget Natural Farming (ZBNF) and crop diversification can minimize the problem of pests.
Source: THE HINDU
NATIONAL INVESTIGATION AGENCY It is the Central Agency mandated to investigate all the offenses affecting the sovereignty, security, and integrity of India, friendly relations with the foreign state, and the offenses under the Statutory law enacted to implement international treaties, agreements, conventions, and resolutions of the United Nation
SELF HELP GROUP The government is working on increasing the annual income of each woman in the Self Help Group to Rs one lakh by 2024. About SHGs They are an informal group of people who choose to come together to find a way to improve their living standards and conditions. It is a self-governed, peer-controlled information group
48th G7 SUMMIT IN GERMANY The summit was held in BAVARIAN ALPS Germany from June 26th to 28th 2022. PT POINTER G7 48TH Summit was held under the presidency of Germany at BAVARIAN ALPS. Member Countries: US, Canada, France, UK, Germany, Italy, and Japan. BAVARIAN ALPS: It is a collectiv
MISLEADING ADVERTISEMENTS AND ROLE OF ENDORSERS IN ADVERTISING Although a monetary penalty is provided for any misleading advertisement, but there are grey areas that need to be addressed. INDIAN ADS THAT WERE FOUND TO BE MISLEADING Arihant Mattress- Corona-Resistant The Arihant mattress released an advertisement in a Gu
Lancet Study On Road Safety and India’s Road Safety Measures The Lancet study highlights the urgency of implementing a safe system approach that can effectively address road injury death by 2030 and the number of lives that can be saved through intervention in road safety risk factors. The report uses mortality data from the Global Burd
Copyright© Aspire IAS Academy. All rights reserved. Powered by CLT Technologies & Edu-Publishers Private Limited.