19 October, 2019
Food safety authority finds most adulteration in Telangana followed by Madhya Pradesh and Kerala
1. India has the highest cattle population in the world.
2. India is the largest milk producer in the world. India produces 176 million tonnes of milk during 2017-18.
What is Solid non-fat (SNF)?
Milk is approximately 87 percent water and 13 percent solids. As it comes from the cow, the solids portion of milkcontains approximately 3.7 percent fat and 9 percent solids-not-fat.
The serum solids or milk solids-not-fat (MSNF) contain the lactose, caseins, whey proteins, and minerals.
1. Proper feeding of cattle ensures more fat and SNF.
2. But maltodextrin and sugar are added to raise the level of fat and SNF artificially.
3. FSSAI has found out presence of aflatoxin-M1, antibiotics and pesticides in processed milk and raw milk.
4. 10 % of total processed milk samples failed to comply with FSSAI norm .
47 % of the total raw milk samples failed to comply with FSSAI norm.
Why problem of milk contamination ?
Aflataxin M1 comes in the milk through feed and fodder that are currently not regulated in the country.
Harmful effects of Melatodextrin :
Side effects may include allergic reactions, weight gain, gas, flatulence, and bloating.
Maltodextrin may also cause a rash or skin irritation, asthma, cramping, or difficulty breathing
Causes of Alfaltoxins :
1. Aflatoxin mycotoxins are toxic to humans. They also cause cancer in humans and animals.
2. Aflatoxins have been reported to cause digestive system effects such as diarrhea, vomiting, intestinal hemorrhage, and liver necrosis and fibrosis.
3. Alfotoxins are more dominant in processed food than in raw milk.
1. Proper feeding of the cattles will increase SNF and fat naturally.
2. Proper regulation of use of antibiotics to cattles.
3. Frequent testing of milk samples by FSSAI authorized testing centers.
4. Establish testing machines that can detect residue of Aflotoxin M1.
5. Organic farming by reducing the amount of chemical pesticides. Even crop rotation, Zero Budget Natural Farming (ZBNF) and crop diversification can minimize the problem of pests.
Source: THE HINDU
Mission Indradhanush was launched in 2014 under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. 1. Between 2009 - 2013, only 1% coverage per year has increased. We have to make it to 5%. 2. Objectives of Mission Indradhanush: We have the aim of full coverage by 2020. Cover all those children who are either unvaccinated or are part
A Bill that could alter the Mediation landscape The background behind Mediation Bill: In General, Disputes Became part and parcel of Day-to-Day Life. Someone or the Other belonging to family or else not a part of the family would be fighting for something. These Disputes may be for Smaller or B
List of all Military Exercises of India 2021 Military Exercises of India with Neighbours Sampriti: India & Bangladesh Mitra Shakti: India & Sri Lanka Surya Kiran: India & Nepal Hand in Hand Exercise: India & China Ekuverin: India & Maldives Military Exercises of India with Other countries Maitree Exer
Consumer Protection (Jurisdiction of the District Commission, the State Commission and the National Commission) Rules, 2021 1) Pecuniary Jurisdiction The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 promulgates a three-tier quasi-judicial mechanism for redressal of consumer disputes namely district commissions, state
The Swachh Bharat Mission - Urban (SBM-U), launched on 2nd October 2014 aims at making urban India free from open defecation and achieving 100% scientific management of municipal solid waste in 4,041 statutory towns in the country. The objectives of the mission are mentioned below: Elimination of open defecation Eradication of Manual S
Copyright© Aspire IAS Academy. All rights reserved. Powered by CLT Technologies & Edu-Publishers Private Limited.