16 October, 2019
3 Min Read
Ottoman Empire under Khilafat ideology ruled the whole West Asia along with Syria till World War 1 with Istanbul as its capital.
After World War I, Kemal Ataturk's Revolution transitioned from Ottoman Empire to secular Turkish National identity
Present Ideology of Erdogan:
1. Similar views like Ottoman's Khilafat .Reiterating Turkish Islamic rules (against Kemal's secular ideology).
2. Wanted to establish buffer zone or safe zone upto 480 km wide and 35 km Deep till Rojava.
Puropose: a. To shift Syrian refugees
b. To secure Turkish territory.
3. Calls PKK( Kurdish Workers Party) as terrorist organisation and calls YPG (People's Protection Unit) as an affiliation of PKK.
4. With the loss of his party in June mayoral election in Istanbul, he hopes for a successful military operation to gain popularity.
Advantages of Turkey:
1. It is the second largest armed forces in NATO
2. Flat and arid terrain also favours Turkey
Operations conducted by Turkey :
Operation Olive branch
Impacts of Turkey's unilateral acions :
1. Spill over effects outside West Asia even in Europe.
2. Decline in America's dominance due to its pullover.
3. Attacking YPG may Unleash the IS terrorist imprisoned by them.
4. SDF started supporting Bashar Al Assad.
5. Increasing Syrian human rights violations and refugees.
Source: THE HINDU
Rajasthan First State to Implement Biofuel Policy: (GS-II(Policies) & GS-III(Environment)) Theme: Biofuel Policy Rajasthan has become the first State in the country to implement the national policy on biofuels unveiled by the Centre in May 2018. The desert State will lay emphasis on increasing production of oils
Services e-Health Assistance and Teleconsultation (SeHAT) is the tri-services teleconsultation service of the Ministry of Defense designed for all entitled personnel and their families. As part of the Government’s commitment to Digital India and e-Governance, Minister of Defense launched SeHAT on 27 May 2021. It has been a great exam
PM Poshan (Erstwhile Mid Day Meal) Scheme Cabinet has approved the Prime Minister POSHAN scheme or PM-POSHAN for providing one hot cooked meal in Government and Government-aided schools. The scheme will replace the existing national programme for mid-day meal in schools or Mid-day Meal Scheme (launched in 1995). It has been launched for a
National Initiative for Design Innovation (NIDI) Government launched the scheme of “National Initiative for Design Innovation (NIDI)” in March, 2014. Scheme envisaged establishment of 20 Design Innovation Centres (DIC), One Open Design School (ODS) and One National Design Innovation Network (NDIN) across the country for promoti
Saffron is a plant whose dried stigmas (thread-like parts of the flower) are used to make saffron spice. Saffron cultivation is believed to have been introduced in Kashmir by Central Asian immigrants around the 1st Century BCE. Pampore region, in India, commonly known as Saffron bowl of Kashmir, is the main contributor to saffron p
Copyright© Aspire IAS Academy. All rights reserved. Powered by CLT Technologies & Edu-Publishers Private Limited.