16 October, 2019
3 Min Read
Ottoman Empire under the Khilafat ideology ruled the whole of West Asia along with Syria till World War I 1 with Istanbul as its capital.
After World War I, Kemal Ataturk's Revolution transitioned from Ottoman Empire to a secular Turkish National identity
Present Ideology of Erdogan:
1. Similar views like Ottoman's Khilafat.Reiterating Turkish Islamic rules (against Kemal's secular ideology).
2. Wanted to establish a buffer zone or safe zone up to 480 km wide and 35 km Deep till Rojava.
Purpose: a. To shift Syrian refugees
b. To secure Turkish territory.
3. Calls PKK( Kurdish Workers Party) a terrorist organisation and calls YPG (People's Protection Unit) as an affiliation of PKK.
4. With the loss of his party in the June mayoral election in Istanbul, he hopes for a successful military operation to gain popularity.
Advantages of Turkey:
1. It is the second largest armed force in NATO
2. Flat and arid terrain also favours Turkey
Operations conducted by Turkey :
Operation Olive branch
Impacts of Turkey's unilateral actions :
1. Spillover effects outside West Asia even in Europe.
2. Decline in America's dominance due to its pullover.
3. Attacking YPG may Unleash the IS terrorist imprisoned by them.
4. SDF started supporting Bashar Al Assad.
5. Increasing Syrian human rights violations and refugees.
Source: THE HINDU
India is now ranked 38th out of 139 nations in the Logistic Performance Index (LPI) 2023 of the World Bank. From its previous rankings of 44th in 2018 and 54th in 2014, this is a notable improvement. Earlier, the Logistics Ease Across Different States (LEADS) Report 2022 was published by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. About Logi
Airports discovered more than 63% of this illegal gold. The Department of Revenue Intelligence recently conducted the Golden Dawn Operation across India, seizing 101.7 kg of illegal gold valued at Rs 51 crore. Despite the fact that India receives a legal import of about 800-1,000 tonnes of gold each year, the illicit market is thought to be
Both parties expressed satisfaction with the ongoing bilateral defence cooperation at the 8th India-Thailand Defence Dialogue, which was held in Bangkok, Thailand. Cultural ties and mutual cooperation that have been shaped by thousands of years of lasting historical and cultural ties characterise India and Thailand relations. Highlight
The Kerala government's appeal of the order of the Kerala High Court is rejected by the Supreme Court. The Kerala government's appeal against the Kerala High Court's directive to move Arikomban (Wild Elephant), the "rice tusker" of Munnar, to the Parambikulam tiger reserve was recently dismissed by the Supreme Court.
Global Buddhist Summit In order to improve diplomatic and cultural ties with other nations, the Ministry of Culture recently organised the First Global Buddhist Summit 2023 in collaboration with the International Buddhist Confederation (IBC). About the summit "Responses to Contemporary Challenges: Philosophy to Praxis" is
Our Popular Courses
Module wise Prelims Batches
Copyright© Aspire IAS Academy. All rights reserved. Powered by CLT Technologies & Edu-Publishers Private Limited.