DAILY NEWS ANALYSIS
16 October, 2019
3 Min Read
Ottoman Empire under the Khilafat ideology ruled the whole of West Asia along with Syria till World War I 1 with Istanbul as its capital.
After World War I, Kemal Ataturk's Revolution transitioned from Ottoman Empire to a secular Turkish National identity
Present Ideology of Erdogan:
1. Similar views like Ottoman's Khilafat.Reiterating Turkish Islamic rules (against Kemal's secular ideology).
2. Wanted to establish a buffer zone or safe zone up to 480 km wide and 35 km Deep till Rojava.
Purpose: a. To shift Syrian refugees
b. To secure Turkish territory.
3. Calls PKK( Kurdish Workers Party) a terrorist organisation and calls YPG (People's Protection Unit) as an affiliation of PKK.
4. With the loss of his party in the June mayoral election in Istanbul, he hopes for a successful military operation to gain popularity.
Advantages of Turkey:
1. It is the second largest armed force in NATO
2. Flat and arid terrain also favours Turkey
Operations conducted by Turkey :
Operation Olive branch
Impacts of Turkey's unilateral actions :
1. Spillover effects outside West Asia even in Europe.
2. Decline in America's dominance due to its pullover.
3. Attacking YPG may Unleash the IS terrorist imprisoned by them.
4. SDF started supporting Bashar Al Assad.
5. Increasing Syrian human rights violations and refugees.
Source: THE HINDU
E-pharmacies The Ministry of Health sent "show cause" letters to at least 20 businesses in February 2023 for online drug sales, including Tata-1mg, Flipkart, Apollo, PharmEasy, Amazon, and Reliance Netmeds. What is e-pharmacy? E-pharmacy refers to the purchasing and selling of drugs and other pharmaceutical products through a
Punchhi Commission Report The Punchhi Commission's report on relations between the federal government and its constituent states will now be reviewed for state responses, according to the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). Historical Background: A Commission on Centre-State Relations was established by the Indian government,
Indo-German Relations Olaf Scholz, the Chancellor of Germany, recently paid a bilateral visit to India. It is Scholz's first trip to India after taking office as German Chancellor in December 2021, ending Angela Merkel's illustrious 16-year reign. About the news: The visit of the German chancellor is significant because i
India Denmark Cooperation During the "India-Denmark: Partners for Green and Sustainable Development Conference" in New Delhi, the Union Minister for Environment, Forests, and Climate Change said that India and Denmark can work together to show that reaching ambitious climate and sustainable energy targets is possible. Since the Gr
Mob lynching and Cow Vigilantism The recent lynching and burning of two men in Haryana on the basis of allegations of unlawful cow slaughter, smuggling, or transportation bring attention to the problem of mob lynching. About cow vigilantism: Mob attacks carried out in the guise of "cow protection" primarily target Mus
Copyright© Aspire IAS Academy. All rights reserved. Powered by CLT Technologies & Edu-Publishers Private Limited.