Locals mark 6 places for settling Bru refugees
Six places have been proposed by the non-Brus of Tripura for settling the displaced Brus from Mizoram.
Limits have also been placed for the number of families to be accommodated in two subdivisions that have borne the brunt of the 23
Britain and the European Union wound up their latest round of post-Brexit trade negotiations.
Both sides ruled out a quick deal but voiced hope for agreement in the coming months.
The UK formally left the EU on 31 January 2020 and immediately entered into an 11-month trans
Tianwen-1 Mars mission
China launched the Tianwen-1 Mars rover mission.
It is China’s first fully home-grown Mars mission.
It was launched atop a Long March-5 carrier rocket.
It consists of an orbiter and a lander/rover duo, a combination of cr
- U.S. administration’s decision to close China’s consulate in Houston.
Rising tensions between US and China:
- A tariff war between the two countries started in 2018. The increased tariffs on Chinese goods by the U.S. rece
New form of non-alignment:
- The External Affairs Minister has emphasized that India has never been part of an alliance system, nor will it ever be. This statement comes at a time when India- U.S. relations have been on the upswing.
- While complet
Open Credit Enablement Network (OCEN)
A nationwide pilot of the newly-developed credit protocol infrastructure – OCEN is all set to start.
About Open Credit Enablement Network (OCEN):
The credit protocol infrastructure is known as Open Credit Enablement Network (OCEN).
Towards national security and peace in Hong Kong
By, Sun Weidong is China’s Ambassador to India
(This article is written by China’s Ambassador to India about the justifications of the Chinese National Security Bill in the Hong Kong region. This article can be used for analysis of f
TRIPLE TALAQ Analysis
GS-Paper-2 Governance Women and law
The Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2019 became the first legislation to be tabled in Parliament by the Narendra Modi dispensation in its second term, with Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad asserting the legisl
Uniform Civil Code
GS-PAPER-2 Governance – DPSP (PT-MAINS)
A Uniform Civil Code means that all sections of the society irrespective of their religion shall be treated equally according to a national civil code, which shall be applicable to all uniformly.
They cover areas like- Marriag
Zero Hunger by 2030: UN Report
GS-Paper-3 Economic development (PT-MIANS)
According to a study titled State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World, hunger and malnutrition is increasing around the world. In this scenario, achieving the Sustainable Development G
Territory Swap with Bhutan: CHINA
GS-PAPER-2 China domination (Mains exclusive)
Recently, China has offered Bhutan a “package solution” to its boundary dispute. Although the package solution is not specified, it may be seen as a revival of the 1996 proposal by China
Set up a High Court for Puducherry
- The article argues the case for a separate High Court for Puducherry.
- Puducherry was a former French colony. Fifteen years after India gained independence; this small French colony was liberated on August 16, 1962 and merged with Ind
- For the third time since early June 2020, China has repeated its claim that Bhutan’s eastern boundary was a “disputed” area.
- China’s claims were first made at a UNDP-led Global Environment Facility conference, when the Chinese representativ
Transforming higher education
- The article evaluates the condition of higher education in India and suggests possible reforms for the higher educational sector in India.
- The requirement for social distancing during the pandemic has led to educational institutes remaining closed
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) procedure
It is a minimally invasive procedure to replace a narrowed aortic valve that fails to open properly which may be an option for those who can’t have open-heart surgery.
It is the replacement of the aortic valve of the heart through
Study: Punjab’s law plays ‘minimal role’ in spiking Delhi’s pollution
A study argues that Delhi’s meteorology and the quantity of chaff burnt play a greater role in worsening air quality than the time chosen by farmers in Punjab to start crop burning.