18 October, 2019
J&K Reorganisation Bill, 2019
J&K became part of India through Instrument of Accession signed by Maharaja Hari Singh.
vaders from the Kashmir Valley.
The princely state of Jammu and Kashmir, thus acceded to India on 27 October 1947.
After the Constituent Assembly of Jammu and Kashmir was elected in 1952, it passed a resolution supporting the abolition of monarchy. Via the 1952 Delhi Agreement.
President had passed the Constitutuon (Application to J&K ) Order , 1954 under Articke 370 which introduced Article 35 A
1. The President had used his powers under Article 370 to fundamentally alter the provision, extending all Central laws, instruments and treaties to Kashmir.
2. Two UTs are created - J&K with Legislature and Ladakh without Legislature.
3. The Bill proposes wide powers to the Lieutenant Governor of the proposed Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and makes it the “duty” of the Chief Minister of the Union Territory to “communicate” all administrative decisions and proposals of legislation with the LG.
4. All Central laws and State laws of J&K would apply to the new Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh.
5. The Assets and liabilities of the 2 UTs would be apportioned on the recommendation of a Central Committee within 1 year.
6. Employees of State public sector undertakings and autonomous bodies would continue in their posts for another year until their allocations are determined.
7. The police and public order is to be with the Centre.
8. The word “Constituent Assembly”, contained in the provison of Article 370(3) is changed to “Legislative Assembly”.
9. Abolition of Legislative Council.
Powers of LG :
1. Common Lieutenant Governor for both the UTs.
2. L-G in Ladakh will be appointed by the President under article 239. The L-G will be assisted by advisors appointed by the Centre as it doesn't have UT.
3. In the case of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the L-G shall “act in his discretion” on issues which fall outside the purview of powers conferred on the Legislative Assembly, in which he is required to exercise any judicial functions, and/or matters related to All India services and the Anti-Corruption Bureau
4.The Chief Minister shall be appointed by the L-G who will also appoint other ministers with the aid of the CM. The L-G shall also administer the oath of office and of secrecy to ministers and the CM.
5. The L-G will have the power to promulgate ordinances which shall have the same force and effect as an act of the Legislative Assembly assented by the L-G.
Source: THE HINDU
India is now ranked 38th out of 139 nations in the Logistic Performance Index (LPI) 2023 of the World Bank. From its previous rankings of 44th in 2018 and 54th in 2014, this is a notable improvement. Earlier, the Logistics Ease Across Different States (LEADS) Report 2022 was published by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. About Logi
Airports discovered more than 63% of this illegal gold. The Department of Revenue Intelligence recently conducted the Golden Dawn Operation across India, seizing 101.7 kg of illegal gold valued at Rs 51 crore. Despite the fact that India receives a legal import of about 800-1,000 tonnes of gold each year, the illicit market is thought to be
Both parties expressed satisfaction with the ongoing bilateral defence cooperation at the 8th India-Thailand Defence Dialogue, which was held in Bangkok, Thailand. Cultural ties and mutual cooperation that have been shaped by thousands of years of lasting historical and cultural ties characterise India and Thailand relations. Highlight
The Kerala government's appeal of the order of the Kerala High Court is rejected by the Supreme Court. The Kerala government's appeal against the Kerala High Court's directive to move Arikomban (Wild Elephant), the "rice tusker" of Munnar, to the Parambikulam tiger reserve was recently dismissed by the Supreme Court.
Global Buddhist Summit In order to improve diplomatic and cultural ties with other nations, the Ministry of Culture recently organised the First Global Buddhist Summit 2023 in collaboration with the International Buddhist Confederation (IBC). About the summit "Responses to Contemporary Challenges: Philosophy to Praxis" is
Our Popular Courses
Module wise Prelims Batches
Copyright 2023 CLT TECHNOLOGIES AND EDU-PUBLISHERS PRIVATE LIMITED. All rights reserved.