15 October, 2019
3 Min Read
Debate over Rafale deal and light combat aircraft Tejas.
Difference between Tejas and Rafale:
1. Light combat aircraft Tejas is lightweight multi combat aircraft.
Raffle is medium weight multirole combat aircraft.
2. Both are 4++ category fighter jets. ( Even Pakistan has procured 5th generation category fighter jets from China India still is procuring only e 4++ category rafel fighter jet).
3. Tejas is made 100% in India where as Rafale is a foreign procurement and is also highly expensive.
4. Both fighter jets have similar power, speed and range.
Other advantages of light combat aircraft Tejas:
a. Air to air refuelling
b. Naval variant is under development
c. AESA Radar.
d. Good weapon carrying capability.
Disadvantages in Tejas Manufacturing :
a. Delay in manufacturing by HAL and lack of bulk production.
b. Problem through delay in production of Kaveri engine.
Advantages of Rafale:
a. It is a fully developed naval variant.
b. Easy or reliable maintenance
c. Easy weapon integration
d. AESA radar
Disadvantages of Rafale:
a. Not made in India
b. 4 + + fighter jet
d. Not much of difference with Tejas.
e. Problem of training of air and ground crew,building of infrastructure and operationalizing new types will decrease the effective rate of force accretion.
1. Tejas can be manufactured in bulk and used where Rafael need not be inducted . Tejas can be used as second line of Defence guarding the borders.
2. Faster adoption of Tejas MK 2 for Indian Navy.
3. Faster adoption of 5th generation Advanced medium combat aircraft (AMCA).
4. Tejas will be the only light fighter jet in the world which will have its own trainer variant ,carry carrier naval variant and naval trainer variant.
Source: THE HINDU
Draft Indian Nutrition Rating (INR) The country's top food regulator, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), has published a draft regulation for front-of-pack labeling. Major Points This draft notification addresses front-of-pack labelling in an effort to deter customers from purchasing packaged foods that are h
Social Audit of Social Sector Scheme The Rajasthan government has made the first-ever decision in the nation to create a specialized social and performance audit authority to undertake social audits of initiatives. What does this decision mean, exactly? Make public accountability a priority: In addition to conducting performance
Dharamshala Declaration 2022 & Tourism In India A recent three-day national tourist conference saw the introduction of the "Dharamshala Declaration 2022." Details about the news In the National Conference, the Center announced a comprehensive plan for the tourism industry. By 2024, tourism will have returned to its p
National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) & Higher Education The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda's National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) ratings recently sparked controversy since the institution's grade increased from A to A+ as a result of improvements across all areas. What is India's
Ethereum Merger The second-most valued cryptocurrency in the world, Ethereum, just underwent a substantial software upgrade. About: Ethereum redesign: This process is referred to as "The Merge." It will do away with the requirement for cryptocurrency miners and massive mining farms, which previously powered the blockchai
Copyright© Aspire IAS Academy. All rights reserved. Powered by CLT Technologies & Edu-Publishers Private Limited.