DMF (District Mineral Foundation), 2015
PM Khanij Kshetriya Kalyan Yojana, 2015
National Mineral Exploration Trust (NMET), 2004
- Trust. Non Profit Body. In those districts affected by mining. It should be in every district mandated by MMRDA, 2015. Operated by State Govt.
- Funded through contribution from miners.
- For all mining leases executed before 12 Jan 2015, miners will have to contribute 30% of the royalty payable by them to DMFs and
- If leases are granted after 12 Jan 2015 then pay 10%.
- DMF contribution would be < 1/3rd of royalty and Center retains the power to prescribe rates of contribution, though DMF is operated by State Govt. DMF funds are treated as Extra Budgetary resources.
- It implements PMKKKY for welfare of mining areas.
- DMFs are also directed to maintain utmost transparency in their functioning and provide periodic reports on various projects and schemes.
- To provide for welfare of areas & people affected by mining areas. Implemented by DMF. Affected persons include "affected family" and "displaced family".
- To implement developmental & welfare projects in mining affected areas.
- To reduce adverse impact on Environment & Health and
- Long term sustainable livelihoods.
- Both directly & indirectly affected areas covered.
- Directly affected areas include areas of direct mining related operations like excavation, mining, blasting, etc.
- Indirectly affected areas include areas of deterioration of water, soil and air quality.
- Utillization of Funds
- 60 % Funds to be used for High priority areas = Water, Health, Education, Vulnerable section, skills and sanitation.
- 40% Funds to be used for Infrastructure projects = Physical Infra, irrigation, Energy, Watershed development.
- <5% to be used for Admin expenses.
- Monitoring is done by DISHA, District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committee of MoRD.
- For regional & detailed exploration of minerals.
- Under MMRDA, 2015.
- Holder of mining use = pay MET = 2% of royalty.
- Under Central Govt.
Difference from DMF:
- Different rate of contribution 2% in NMET; 10% and 30% in DMF.
- NMET works relates to Exploration and DMF works in welfare.
- MET is under Central Govt and DMF is under State Govt.
Mining Surveillance System
- by MoMines (IBM) + MEITy and BISAG (Bhaskaracharya Institute of Space App & Geoinfo)
- To curb illegal mining. It is a satellite based monitoring system.
Mining Tenetment System (MTS): For accounting of all minerals.