08 May, 2020
8 Min Read
Nashik model to combat COVID-19
Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) has taken-up numerous initiatives to fight COVID-19. Some of the key initiatives at the city level include:
1. Cleanliness/ Sanitization of Public Places: Spraying of Sodium Hypochlorite
2. Separate vehicles for Waste collection & Disposal from Quarantined households.
3. Provision of: Provision of safety
4. Provision of Facility of Institutional Quarantine wards
5. Frontline Testing by Doctors & Health Workers in Sealed Zone
6. Smartphone App ‘MahaKavach’:
The MahaKavach is a real-time digital contact tracing mobile application which enables citizens to contribute and assist the health authorities in contact tracing, geo-fencing and tracking of quarantined COVID-19 Patients. Selfie attendance feature has been also added in application to get virtual attendance. This app is to be used by Individuals as directed by their doctor or medical worker. The app also encourages to update the quarantine status for greater adherence. This update increases reliability of home location data. It also ensures a breach update is sent only once.
7. Smartphone App “Nashik Bazzar”: Nashik Municipal Corporation and Maharashtra Chambers of Commerce Industry & Agriculture (MCCIA), jointly developed "Nashik Bazzar" app to benefit city residents to order online the daily necessary essentials such as Grocery, Tiffin, Meals, Medical Help, Fruits, Grains, Medicine, Dairy, Snacks, Vegetable etc. & get free home delivery.
8. Smartphone App ‘NMC COVID-19’: It provides 11 Services to the citizens. Services such as Covid-19 informer – to inform about Corona Suspects, Provision of necessary contact numbers such as doctors, hospitals, ambulances etc.
9. Social Awareness via VMD(Variable Message Display) & PAS(Public Addressing System). Crowded locations such as Central Bus Stand, Railway Station road, Institutional areas & Junctions were covered for the installation of such smart elements.
10. Body Sanitizing Machine
11. Aerosol Box: Use of Aerosol Box & Aerosol Intubation Box in Municipal Hospital to collect swab sample & to protect medical workers such as doctors and patients while operating COVID-19 suspects.
12. Door to door COVID-19 Survey, Social awareness & check-ups for Corona virus in various regions by Nurses & ASHA Workers
13. Daily visits & Calls to quarantined patient’s residents by Nurses & ASHA Workers
14. COVID-19 Help Survey Questionnaire: Citizen Information form has been developed which will capture details of citizens regarding COVID-19 Symptoms, travel history & their location details which will help officials to identify symptomatic citizens.
15. Decentralization of Fruit & Vegetable Market
Copyright© Aspire IAS Academy. All rights reserved. Powered by CLT Technologies & Edu-Publishers Private Limited.