Council of Scientific & Industrial Research
It was established by the Government of India in September 1942 as an autonomous body. It comes under the Ministry of Science & Technology. It is known for its cutting edge research and development knowledge base in diverse science and technology areas. It has been ranked first in the Nature Ranking Index-2020.
Nature Index 2020: Index of Scientific Research
Recently, a journal of science i.e. the Nature Research, has released the Nature Index 2020.
- The Nature Index provides a database of high-quality research output and collaboration at the institutional, national and regional level of institutions from different countries.
- The top three countries in the index are US, China and Germany respectively.
- Criteria for the Ranking
- Sectors: Academic and Corporate.
- Subjects: Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences.
- Journal Group: Nature and Science.
- The overall ranking of India is 12th in the index.
- Top 3 Ranking of Institutions from india:
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc)
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
The Nature Index
- The Nature Index is a database of author affiliation information collated from research articles published in an independently selected group of 82 high-quality science journals.
- The database is compiled by Nature Research.
- The Nature research is a part of Springer Nature which is an American German academic publishing company based in Germany.
- The Index is updated monthly and also releases annual tables of countries.