MAHARASHTRA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
The Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India under article 315 to select officers for civil service jobs in the Indian state of Maharashtra according to the merits of the applicants and the rules of reservation.
Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) is a Constitutional Body established Under Article 315 of Constitution of India which provides a smooth and efficient functioning of the Government of Maharashtra by providing suitable candidates for various Government posts and advise them on various service matters like formulation of Recruitment Rules, advise on promotions, transfers and disciplinary actions.
The State Service Exam or the MPSC Rajyaseva Exam is conducted by the commission to recruit Group A and Group B officers in the various administrative branches of the Maharashtra state government.
MPSC State Service Exam Information and Dates:
|• MPSC Recruitment Notification||• Official Website|
|• Last date to apply online||• December|
|• Date of State Service Preliminary Exam||• February|
|• Date of State Service Mains Exam||• July|
For information on MPSC exams, jobs and latest advertisements, candidates should refer to the official website.
The MPSC conducts several exams such as
- 1. Maharashtra Subordinate Services Exam (Prelims and Mains)
- 2. Maharashtra Agriculture Services Examination
- 3. Maharashtra Group C Services Exam (Prelims and Mains)
- 4. For the list of MPSC exams, and MPSC Calendar 2019, you can download the MPSC Exam Dates PDF.
For MPSC exams, the candidates have to apply online via their official website.
MPSC State Service Exam (or MPSC Rajyaseva Exam) is held on a yearly basis to recruit for Group A and Group B vacancies in the Maharashtra administration.
The MPSC State Service Exam Pattern is:
- 1. Prelims – 2 papers – 400 marks
- 2. Mains – 6 papers – 800 marks
- 3. Interview – 100 marks
The MPSC age limit for the State Service Exam is:
- • Minimum Age : 18 years
- • Maximum Age : 38 years
As per the rules governing the conduct of the examination, there are different relaxations in age criteria as per the category.
The educational criteria for MPSC exams are:
- 1. Competency in Marathi
- 2. Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university or an equivalent qualification.
There is no limit on the number of attempts and candidates in their last year of college are also eligible for the MPSC exam.
As the MPSC exams cover a broad range of posts and services, there are post specific eligibility criteria (educational qualification and/or physical fitness).
Few posts require the aspirants to have subject-specific expertise as mandated by the Maharashtra Public Service Commission. The details of the Education eligibility criteria are given below.
The detailed syllabus for MPSC Prelims is given below:
Paper I (200 marks)
- 1. Current events of state, national and international importance.
- 2. History of India (with special reference to Maharashtra) and Indian National Movement.
- 3. Maharashtra, India and world geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of Maharashtra, India and the World.
- 4. Maharashtra and India – Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Urban Governance, Public Policy, Rights Issue, etc.
- 5. Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- 6. General issues on Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialisation.
- 7. General Science
Paper II (200 marks))
- 1. Comprehension
- 2. Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- 3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- 4. Decision-making and problem-solving
- 5. General mental ability
- 6. Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level)
- 7. Marathi and English language comprehension skills (Class X/XII level) Questions relating to this will be tested through passages from Marathi and English language without providing cross translation thereof in the question paper.
The detailed syllabus for MPSC Mains is given below:
In the mains exam, there are six compulsory papers. Paper I and Paper II are language papers while Papers 3, 4, 5 and 6 are general studies papers. There are no optional subjects in the MPSC, a change which was made in 2012.
In MPSC Mains, there is negative marking in the objective question papers
The following table gives the MPSC exam pattern of the State Service Exam Mains:
|Paper||Subject||Total Marks||Standard||Medium||Duration||Nature of Questions|
|Paper 1||Marathi & English
|100||XII Std.||Marathi & English||3 hours||Descriptive|
|Paper 2||Marathi & English
|100||XII Std.||Marathi & English||1 hour||MCQs|
|Paper 3||General Studies I||150||Degree||Marathi & English||2 hours||MCQs|
|Paper 4||General Studies II||150||Degree||Marathi & English||2 hours||MCQs|
|Paper 5||General Studies III||150||Degree||Marathi & English||2 hours||MCQs|
|Paper 6||General Studies IV||150||Degree||Marathi & English||2 hours||MCQs|
Candidates who clear the mains exam are summoned for the MPSC interview. In this round, a panel of the MPSC board assesses the candidate for his/her suitability for the administrative career through a personal discussion. This is more like a personality test where apart from knowledge, the candidate’s attributes such as aptitude, presence of mind, communication skills, etc. are evaluated.
PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER - PRELIMS
|SL. NO.||PAPER||ANSWER KEY|
|1||Prelims Paper 1 2018||Prelims Paper 1 Answer Key 2018|
|2||Prelims Paper 2 2018||Prelims Paper 2 Answer Key 2018|
|3||Prelims Paper 1 2019||Prelims Paper 1 Answer Key 2019|
|4||Prelims Paper 2 2019||Prelims Paper 2 Answer Key 2019|
PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER - MAINS
|1||General Studies 1 2018|
|2||General Studies 2 2018|
|3||General Studies 3 2018|
|4||General Studies 4 2018|
|5||Mains Language Paper 1 2018|
|6||Mains Language Paper 2 2018|
For more details visit official website Click Here