UTTAR PRADESH PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) the state agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various Civil Services of Uttar Pradesh. The agency's charter is granted by the Constitution of India. Articles 315 to 323 of Part XIV of the constitution, titled Services under the Union and the States, provide for a Public Service Commission for the Union and for each state.
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) came into existence on April 1, 1937, with the main aim of recruiting candidates to various services in the state. The commission is regulated by Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission Regulation, 1976.
The exam consists of 3 important phases
- • Preliminary Exam (Objective Type & Multiple choices),
- • Mains Exam (Conventional Type, i.e. Written examination) and
- • Personality Test
UPPSC PCS Online Application
The UPPSC PCS online application form will remain active till 30 days from the date of commencement of online application on the official site of Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission. Candidates willing to be a part of UPPSC can apply online before the last date.
|Sub Registrar, Assistant Prosecuting Officer (Transport)||Law Graduate|
|District Basic ShikshaAdhikari / Associate DIOS and Other equivalent administrative posts, District Administrative Officer||Post Graduate Degree|
|District Cane Officer, U.P. Agriculture Service Group “B” (Development Branch)||Agriculture Graduate|
|District Audit Officer (Revenue Audit)||Commerce Graduate|
|Assistant Controller Legal Measurement (Grade-I)
/ Assistant Controller Legal Measurement (Grade-II)
|Degree in Science with Physics or Mechanical Engineering as one subject|
|Assistant Director Industries (Marketing)
,Assistant Director Industries (Handloom)
|Post Graduate Degree|
|Assistant Labour Commissioner||Degree in Arts with Sociology or Economics as a subject or Commerce/Law|
|District Programme Officer||Degree in Sociology or Social Science or Home Science or Social Work|
|Senior Lecturer, DIET||Post Graduate Degree with B.Ed.|
|District Probation Officer||Post Graduate Degree|
|Designated Officer/Food Safety Officer||Post Graduate Degree in Chemistry
Bachelor's Degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Biotechnology
|Statistical officer||Post Graduate Degree in mathematics|
|Information Officer/District Information Officer/Script||Bachelor's degree|
|Information Officer/District Information Officer/Script
Writer/Feature Writers/In charge, English
|Principals, Government Intermediate Colleges (For Boys or Girls)||Post-graduate degree|
|Labour Enforcement Officer||Bachelor's degree with Economics or Sociology or commerce
and Post Graduate Diploma or Postgraduate Degree
To apply for UPPSC PCS you need to be minimum 21 years old and the maximum age limit is 40 years old. For age-relaxation of the various categories, please check out the official UPPSC PCS notification.
The UPPSC PCS selection for PCS (Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services), Assistant Conservator of Forest (ACF) and Range Forest officer (RFO) will be based on Preliminary Examination (Objective Type & Multiple choices), Main Examination (Conventional Type, i.e. written examination) and then Viva- Voice (Personality Test).
It is very important to understand the latest exam pattern of the UPPSC examination for the students who are preparing for UPPSC Combined Subordinate Services (UPPSC PCS).This latest UPPSC PCS exam pattern will help them in the right planning for the exam preparation.
UPPSC Preliminary Exam Pattern
- • The nature of the UPPSC prelims exam is Objective Type.
- • The UPPSC PCS Prelims exam consists of two papers i.e.
- (a) General Studies-I
- (b) General Studies-II
|Paper||Duration||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General Studies-I||2 hrs||150||200 marks|
|General Studies-II (Aptitude, Hindi, English)||2 hrs||100||200 marks|
- • General Studies-I is considered for screening mains stage candidates. Its marks are required to get a hall ticket of mains exam; from there onwards it does not play any role in determining the final merit of the candidate.
- • General Studies-II is qualifying in nature. There are 33 % marks are required to qualify for the exam.
UPPSC PCS Exam Syllabus – Prelims
The Prelims syllabus for Paper 1 and Paper 2 is given below.
- 1. Current events of National & International importance
- 2. Indian History and National Movement
- 3. Indian and World Geography – Socio-economic, Physical geography
- 4. Indian Governance and Polity – Political System, Constitution, Public Policy, Panchayati Raj, Rights issues, etc.
- 5. Social and Economic Development – Demographics, Sustainable Development, Poverty Inclusion, Social Sector initiatives etc.
- 6. Environmental Ecology, Climate Change, and Biodiversity – general issues that do not require subject specialisation
- 7. General Science
There will be questions on the above topics with special reference to Uttar Pradesh.
- 1. Comprehension
- 2. Interpersonal skills (including communication skills)
- 3. Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
- 4. Problem Solving & Decision Making
- 5. General Mental Ability
- 6. Elementary Mathematics (class X level – Algebra, Statistics, Geometry and Arithmetic)
- 7. General English (class X level)
- 8. General Hindi (class X level)
UPPSC Main Exam Pattern
- • The nature of the UPPSC Main exam is Subjective Type.
- • The UPPSC Main exam consists of Eight (Six+ Two) papers.
|1||Hindi||3 hrs||150 marks|
|2||Essay||3 hrs||150 marks|
|3||General Studies Paper-1||3 hrs||200 marks|
|4||General Studies Paper-2||3 hrs||200 marks|
|5||General Studies Paper-3||3 hrs||200 marks|
|6||General Studies Paper-4||3 hrs||200 marks|
|7||Optional Paper-1||3 hrs||200 marks|
|8||Optional Paper-2||3 hrs||200 marks|
|Total Marks||1500 marks|
The optional subject will have two question papers of 200 marks each.
UPPSC Mains Syllabus
There will be three sections in the question paper of Candidates will have to select one topic Essay. From each section and they are required to write an essay in 700 words on each topic. In the three sections, topics of the essay will be based on the following spheres:
Section A :( 1) Literature and Culture. (2) Social sphere. (3) Political sphere.
Section B :( 1) Science, Environment, and Technology. (2) Economic Sphere (3) Agriculture, Industry, and Trade.
Section C :( 1) National and International Events. (2) Natural Calamities, Landslide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought etc. (3) National Development programs and projects.
Paper I- General Studies
- • History of India-Ancient, Medieval, Modern
- • Indian National Movement and Indian Culture.
- • Population, Environment, and Urbanization in Indian Context
- • World Geography, Geography of India and its natural resources.
- • Current events of national and international importance.
- • Indian Agriculture, Trade and Commerce.
- • Specific knowledge of U.P. regarding education, culture, Agriculture, Trade Commerce, The methods of living and Social Customs.
History of India and Indian culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth century and would also include questions on Gandhi, Tagore, and Nehru. The part on current events of national and international importance will include questions also on sports and games.
Paper II- General Studies
- • Indian Polity,
- • Indian Economy
- • General Science (Role of Science and technology in the development of India including science in everyday life)
- • General Mental ability.
- • Statistical Analysis, Graphs, and Diagrams.
The part relating to the Indian polity will include questions on the political system in India and Indian constitution. The Indian economy will cover broad features of economic policy in India. The part relating to role and impact of science and technology in the development of India, questions will be asked to test the candidates' awareness in this field Emphasis will be on the applied aspects. The part relating to statistical analysis, graphs, and diagrams will include exercise to test the candidate's ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical graphical or diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies limitation or inconsistencies therein.
Paper III – General Studies
Economic planning in India, Issues of Poverty, Unemployment, Social justice and inclusive growth, Components of Government Budgets and Financial System, Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies, Food processing and related industries in India, Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways, etc, Science and Technology-developments, Environmental security and Ecosystems, Role, kind and mandate of security forces, Higher defense organizations in India, Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh Economy.
Paper IV – General Studies
Ethics and Human Interface, Attitude, Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, Emotional Intelligence, Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world, Public/Civil Service values and ethics in Public Administration, Probity in Governance, Case studies on above issues.
Optional Subject List:
|1||Agriculture & Veterinary Science|
|5||Political Science & International Relations|
|28||Commerce & Accountancy|
UPPSC Interview Pattern
The Interview will consist of 100 Marks. There is no specific pattern and syllabus of the interview.Candidates should have good knowledge of the state, contemporary issues, and general knowledge. The candidate should be communicative and should express his views openly.
After completion of all phases, the final merit list will be released by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission.
For more details visit official website Click Here